My dog ate a pile, what do I do?

S.O.S. My dog ate an alkaline battery, not only the outside, but also the inside, and I am very worried, I don’t know what to do or how to help him, what should I do?

This is one of the most dangerous problems that can send a dog, not only to emergencies, but also to the grave, because the intake of this type of chemical product can have fatal consequences. And if to this danger, we add the easy access that a canine has to batteries, through controls, toys or even watches, this puts dogs at great risk of ingesting a battery.

But why is it so dangerous?

Batteries are one of the products that we have at home, which represent the most health hazards, not only for pets, but also for people, especially children, because these things contain highly toxic elements, such as sodium and potassium hydroxide. which is present in alkaline batteries.

In fact, batteries are very dangerous, which is why they are covered with special products that prevent us from being exposed to these substances. Just remember the last time you saw a corroded battery, and how everyone at home told you never to touch it and to properly dispose of it in the trash.

In a few words, batteries are dangerous because they are full of chemicals that are highly toxic and harmful to the body, canine and human.

And ingesting them, in the case of pets or even small children, can mean a serious risk to their health, since the chemicals it contains can cause burns to the dog’s mouth, esophagus, stomach and even intestines, but, the content of a battery, not only burns them from the inside, it can also cause severe diarrhea, vomiting and other serious symptoms such as spasms, weakness or respiratory failure, which are caused by the toxic elements they contain.

If you think your dog ingested a battery, or you suspect that he did, the best thing you can do to help him recover is to take him to a veterinary emergency room immediately.

This type of health problems with dogs, exposure to highly toxic substances, the only way to control them is under the supervision of a veterinarian, who will carry out studies, endoscopies and even tests that will indicate the severity of the poisoning.

The faster you react to these types of emergencies by taking your dog to the vet without hesitation, the better the chance of recovery for the dog.

Related Posts

By Lee Chun Hei